Saturday, September 28, 2013

A hunting he will go

Yep, it's that time of year again...hunting season!  The time of year where I become a hunter's widow and the discussions around the dinner table are all about hunting.  Between now and the end of the year I will see very little of my hubby on his days off...lets just hope he has a successful season and we have a freezer full of meat when it's all over :)
I always try to sneak a card into my hubby's pack on opening day and I was successful in doing so this morning (thanks to our new puppy for getting me up so super early!).  This was a quick card with not much detail, but I'm pretty sure the hubs will still like it!
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie, Naturals White
Ink ~ Pumpkin pie, Early Espresso, Baked Brown Sugar, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Whisper White Craft
Stamp Sets ~ ABC-123 Sketched Alphabet, Remembering Christmas, Gorgeous Grunge
Other Supplies ~ Distressing Tool, Vintage Trinkets, Aqua Painter
 
I tried a new {to me} technique on the deer.  I stamped him in Whisper White Craft in then used my Aqua Painter to give him some color using some different shades of brown.  A fun technique and I really like how this big ol' buck turned out.  Here's to hoping my hubby gets a big ol' buck of his own today!  But considering that it is pouring rain right now, chances are slim.
 
Time to get a little more stamping done before the kiddos wake up!  And I'm really hoping I can sneak in a nap later today when my little one naps...this momma is gonna need one!
 
Happy Stamping!


No comments:

Post a Comment