Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Secret of Life...

...is Enjoying the Passing of Time.
Growing up, my parents always had music playing and James Taylor was, and still is, one of my very favorite artists.  In fact, the very first concert I went to was James Taylor!  When I saw the From My Heart set in when the new catalog came out, it was added to my MUST have list!  I got it a couple months ago, but have yet to ink it up...until today! 
This weeks theme challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments is Vintage.
 
The stamp I used from this set popped into my head so I got to work! I knew I wanted some texture from an embossing folder, but none of the ones I had fit the vintage theme, BUT...I knew I had the new Texture Impressions embossing folder coming in my order that was due to be delivered today.  So I patiently waited all day for Mr. UPS to come knocking at my door.  He finally arrived, I tore open the box, pulled out the embossing folder and finished my card!

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Very Vanilla, Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit, Soft Suede
Ink ~ Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit, Soft Suede (pads and markers)
Stamp Sets ~ From My Heart, Postage Due
Other Supplies ~ Texture Impressions Embossing Folder, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Labels Collections Framelits, Postage Stamp Punch, Color Spritzer Tool

My countdown to vacation is on.  Two more days of work and then we're off to the Oregon coast...can't wait!  Off to bed I go...another early morning run is in store for me!

Happy Stamping!

5 comments:

  1. Your card is simply beautiful. It is perfectly vintage, soft, pretty, reminds me of an old English movie... since I don't read much- LOL!! Thanks so much for playing along this week with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Pretty!!! Love the color combo- so soft!! The embossing folder worked perfect for your layout!! Love all the special accents!!! Beautiful!!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply divine! You have used two of my MOST favorite stamp sets and have totally captured a vintage feel. Thank you for adding your vintage card to our challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that stamp! Your little bits of Soft Suede peeking out from the top and bottom are a really nice touch, and all the piercing and spritzing...just beautiful. Enjoy your vacation & thanks for taking the time to play with us at HSS :) Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love all the elements you added. Great used of that postage due stamp! Thanks for playing with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete