Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Flowering Cactus Love ~ Control Freaks Blog Hop

Welcome to January's Control Freaks Blog Hop where we are sharing our love of the new January-June 2021 Mini Catalog.  You may have just started the hop or arrive here from the amazingly creative Cindy Elam, but make sure you don't miss a stop!

Hi, my name is Bree and I have a houseplant addiction!  I have quite the collection, which include some adorable little cactus and succulents.  With that being said, you can only image how excited I was when I saw the Flowering Cactus Product Medley!

The Flowering Cactus DSP has a few sheets that have designs that coordinate with the Flowering Cactus dies. I love this! The only stamped image in my first card is the sentiment, which I heat embossed and die cut with the Tasteful Labels Dies.  So cool, right?  The cacti and flowers were all die cut right from the DSP!  I layered a few different patterns and added a circle of velum before placing the cacti.  

I love the pretty floral patterns of DSP, but the flip side is just a great!  I pulled several different patterns of paper in shades of green, placing them in kind of a wonky layout.  I, once again, die cut one cactus from the DSP, then added a few prickly little die cut cacti, which my son was quick to tell me look like pickles!  I may have to get creative with that!! Again, the only stamping was the sentiment!
This is such a fun kit and I am so happy that there is a refill.  That will be added to my next cart really soon!

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Mossy Meadow, Calypso Coral, Whisper White, Flowering Cactus DSP
Ink ~ VersaMark
Stamp Set ~ Flowering Cactus
Other supplies ~ Flowering Cactus Dies, Tasteful Labels Dies, Flowering Cactus Twine

Next in the lineup is the marvelous Melissa Davies.  I can't wait to see what she has for us this month!
Thanks for hopping along with us this month!

Happy Stamping!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment