Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Nature's Beautiful Winter ~ HSSIC#355

Hello stamping friends!

Do any of you still have winter weather in your parts of the world?  We haven't had much of a winter this year and I'm kind of hoping that we just skip it this year!  I'm not a fan of the cold, but I will happily play along with this weeks Hand Stamped Sentiments Inspiration Challenge and create a winter wonderland!  I'm so happy to be creating with this lovely group of stampers again after a little break!

I was so inspired by the pretty fox in the snow and instantly thought of the Nature's Beauty stamp set.  Thankfully one of my dear stamping friends owns this stamp set and was kind enough to let me borrow it. And now I need to order my own!
I stamped the fox in Memento and colored it in with Cajun Craze Stampin' Blends.  I heat embossed a bit of snow and grass around the fox, then sponged in some winter colors to soften the image.  I heat embossed more snow and some sprigs of tall grass in the background, then roughed up the edges and added a little crumpled piece of Balmy Blue paper and a simple Happy Birthday sentiment to finish the card off.
Next up is a wintery dear that was the perfect card for my dad's birthday last week.  The techniques and design were pretty much the same as those that were used on the fox card.  I'm not sure that you can see very well in the pictures, but I actually filled the sequins on each card with glue from the Fine Tip glue pen, which kind of created a little epoxy dot.  I love it when these happy accidents happen!
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Smoky Slate, Balmy Blue, Seaside Spray, Whisper White
Ink ~ Smoky Slate, Balmy Blue, Seaside Spray, Memento, Stampin' Blends:  Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze
Stamp Sets ~ Nature's Beauty, Pallet Thoughts
Other Supplies ~ Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies, Woven Threads Sequins

I don't know about you, but I am always running low on masculine birthday cards.  I made sure I created a few extra cards before I returned this stamp set to my friend.

I hope you will join us this week!

Happy Stamping 



No comments:

Post a Comment