Friday, May 15, 2020

#TGIFC264 Technique Challenge - Watercolor

Happy Friday stampers...we made it through another week!  It was kind of a rough one for me...the yucky weather here has left me in kind of a funk.  Thank goodness for an all new TGIF Challenges to help out with a little creative therapy!
This week's Watercolor Technique Challenge was just what I needed! There is just something about coloring, of any type, that soothes me.  Painting this beautiful Magnolia was so much fun and I love how it turned out.
I used Petal Pink for the flowers, adding some darker color, then blending in some lighter color.  I did the same for the leaves, using Mossy Meadow.  I love the softness of the Petal Pink flower against the Early Espresso Magnolia Lane DSP.
I had yet to ink up this sentiment from Good Morning Magnolia, but it seemed so fitting for the crazy times we are in right now.  Without the continued connections with friends through all of this, I would be so lost!
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Early Espresso, Whisper White, Watercolor, Magnolia Lane DSP
Ink ~ VersaMark, Early Espresso, Mossy Meadow, Petal Pink
Stamp Set ~ Good Morning Magnolia
Other Supplies ~ Magnolia Memories Dies, Painted Labels Dies, Basic Adhesive Backed Sequins

We are in the final stretch of our school year with just one month left.  I have enjoyed helping my boys learn at home, but I am looking forward to our summer break!  

Have a fantastic weekend!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment