Thursday, March 27, 2014

A Weinhard Cafe Date

Happy Thursday friends!  One day closer to the weekend....woohoo!!!  It's supposed to rain all weekend, but I'm ok with that!  We are gearing up to paint the interior of our house and put in new carpet and flooring so I am itching to do some spring cleaning.  Call me crazy, but it just feels good to get things really clean and organized!  Not sure where I was headed with that...it has nothing to do with today's card.  Must need more coffee!
Any way...a good friend of my mom's recently took over ownership of a fabulous café in Dayton WA and she asked me to make her a card for this fun occasion.  I pulled up some pictures of the café for some inspiration, not really sure what direction I wanted to go in with the card.  Well, I was totally inspired by the outside of the café itself and got to work...
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Garden Green, Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Wisteria Wonder, Baked Brown Sugar, Whisper White, Velum
Ink ~ Crushed Curry, Smoky Slate, Perfect Plum, Elegant Egg Plant, Garden Green
Stamp Sets ~ Petite Petals, Hardwood
Other Supplies ~ Word Window Punch, Petite Petals Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Little Leaves Sizzlits
 
I sketched out the wine bottle and wine glass on velum (don't judge my drawing skills!) and colored them with my blender pens. 
 
I normally don't make cards like this, but I have to say, I had a lot of fun creating it!
 
Happy Stamping!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so special. What a totally sweet way to celebrate her new adventure, she will love this, you really rocked the Weinhard look!

    ReplyDelete