Monday, October 29, 2012

Sketchy Monday

Whew...what a Monday!  I started on this card early this morning before the rest of the house woke up and my work day started.  I've just now finished it because my day totally got away from me!  Work was just plain CRAZY today.  The end of the year rush has hit and patients are wanting surgeries done before their deductible starts over again.  I lost track of how many authorizations I processed today!  Hoping tomorrow is a little less crazy and I can get caught back up.  I'm feeling a little guilty for not putting in some extra hours tonight...but not too guilty!  The kiddos are in bed and my hubby is still away on his hunting trip so I have nothing but me and my little rubber {stamping} room to help me unwind.  And on a really good note, I had some people take advantage of the awesome 15% off sale today.  All of the great promotions offered this month helped me to have biggest month yet in sales.  Hooray!!!

The Paper Players have a fun sketch this week, so I decided to give it a shot.  I found a beautiful color combo over at Color Me Beautiful!  This is the first time I've visited their challenge blog, but you can bet I'll be back.  Love these colors! 
 

As soon as I saw these colors, I new the Quint-Essential Flower would be perfect.  Here's how I put it to work:
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Summer Starfruit, Raspberry Ripple
Stamp Set ~ Quint-Essential Flower
Ink ~ Perfect Plum, Crumb Cake, Raspberry Ripple, Chocolate Chip, Summer Starfruit
Other Supplies ~ Finishing Touches Edgelits, Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder, 2 3/8" & 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punches, 1" and 3/4" Circle Punch, Basic Pearls

These colors are just so warm and inviting...perfect for fall!  Think I'll go create another project using them :)

Happy Stamping!

9 comments:

  1. Great idea to use the Quint-Essential flower to get all of those colors in! I like how you embossed the banner and the card base too! Thanks for playing at CMB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that texture on your card looks amazing! So glad you could join us for this week's CMB challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great stamp for all of the colors! The texture looks wonderful and I love the little dahlia on the flower! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Me Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You really did a great job with the color on this one. That Raspberry Ripple really POPS right off the page! Nice job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ALL for the great feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love your card! It just feels really fun! Thanks for playing along over at Color Me Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love how you embossed the banner with the background--less bulky that way! Great job incorporating the challenge colors in the flower! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the texture you created with the embossing and the scalloped layer on the horizontal element and on the focal element. Great card. So glad you shared it with the Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete