Thursday, October 18, 2012

Freshly Made Dynamic Duo

Last night at Stamp Club, my fellow paper crafting friend Katie asked me if I wanted to try something fun with all of the challenges we participate in.  I'm always up for a challenge, so I jumped right in!  Katie's idea was for each of us to take turns picking two challenges (ie: sketch and color challenge) and creating a project.  Fun, right?  I had already created a card for the challenges over at Freshly Made Sketches and Dynamic Duos, so I asked Katie if she wanted to start with these two.  She quickly agreed and got home as quick as she could to get busy with her creation.  Check out her fun blog at Sweet N Spiffy to see what she came up as well as all of her other GREAT creations!
Here is what we had to work with with these two challenges:

CAS sketch and some fun colors too!   I knew right away I wanted to pull some DSP from my Comfort Cafe stash for my card.  It took me a bit to decide which design to use, but I finally settled on the pretty soft suede design. 


Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Soft Suede, Pool Party, Very Vanilla, Comfort Cafe DSP
Ink ~ Pool Party
Stamp Set ~ Friendship Preserves
Other Supplies ~ Window Frames Framelits, Festive Paper Piercing Pack, Curly Label Punch, Crochet Trim

Don't forget...you can get a FREE Festive Paper Piercing Pack when you purchase the Ornament Keepsakes Set and Candlelight Christmas Specialty DSP during the month of October.  Visit my On-line Store today!
Tomorrow is my big Holiday Ornament class!  Really looking forward to helping a great group of friends create the beautiful ornament featured on the front of the Holiday Catalog.

Happy Stamping!

8 comments:

  1. Love your layered sentiment. Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches & Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, I love that DSP! I must admit I thought you might have done a Christmas card with these colors, maybe it's just because I can't stop thinking about Christmas cards myself :) Another great card Bree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the DSP and the crochet trim adds the perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fantastic color combo and your card is so pretty with the mix of embossed layers and DSP. Love how you layered the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely lovely card. Elegant is the word.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty--I wish I had been able to play with this color combo-ran out of time! So glad you were able to play with my sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! Love how you used the colors and that lovely lace. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your combination of colors, patterns and textures! Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch.

    ReplyDelete