Thursday, October 6, 2022

Plentiful Birthday Wishes

Hello stampin' friends!  I'm up and at 'em early this morning, getting in some creative therapy before I tackle another work day.  One of my co-workers has a birthday coming up next week and I needed a special card just for her!
Inspired by this weeks Freshly Made Sketches Challenge, I pulled out Plentiful Plants...one of my all time favorite stamp sets!

I stamped a variety of plants in shades of Granny Apple Green, Mossy Meadow and Old Olive, blending the ink with a Blender Pen to create a softer look.  I stamped the pot in Calypso Coral for a little added pop of color.

I added one more shade of green with a Mint Macaron pattern of Design a Daydream DSP.  A Kraft hexagon was added to go along with the sketch, along with an Artistically Inked Happy Birthday sentiment...heat embossed, of course!

As I was assembling the card, it felt like there was too much white, so I added a few Crumb Cake splatters with the Stampin' Write Marker.  An extra layer of Basic White embossed with the Painted Texture 3D embossing folder added just the right amount of texture.

There is something about a simple design of a card that I just love and creating this card this morning gave me a good reset to start my day...creative therapy at its best!

Happy Stamping!

Products Used:

1 comment:

  1. I love the geometric shapes on this card and the earth-tone colors. A fabulous card for a birthday!

    ReplyDelete