Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Rooted Strength ~ HSSSC

Happy Tuesday stampers and welcome to an all new Hand Stamped Sentiments.  This week I had the honor of creating the sketch challenge for everyone to play along with.  I don't know about you, but I always love having a sketch to help get me started with my creations.
I have been working on a lot of cards with words of encouragement lately.  I work for our local school district and there is not one staff member who has not worked so extremely hard over the past few months to get every thing ready for the first day of school next week.  The card I am sharing today will be given to the staff at my youngest sons school as we go to pick up his virtual school supplies.
Rooted in Nature is one of my favorite stamp sets and I absolutely LOVE this sentiment.  Be Strong, Be Happy, Be You...this is so true for every single staff member this year.
I stamped the leaves in Shaded Spruce, Just Jade and Pretty Peacock. I used my Shaded Spruce and Soft Suede Stampin' Write Markers to ink up the tree.  I tend to use my Stampin' Blends more often, but I still love to use my Stampin' Write Markers on my stamps.  (One of my older boys was so amazed by this technique...it made me giggle!) 

I added a small watercolor Stitched Shape square with a few leaves stamped, which I topped off with the fussy cut sentiment.  I added a few strips of Pretty Peacock and Just Jade behind the square to complete the sketch.  I just love this color combo!
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Shaded Spruce, Just Jade, Pretty Peacock, Whisper White, Watercolor
Ink ~ Shaded Spruce, Just Jade, Pretty Peacock
Stamp Set ~ Rooted in Nature
Other Supplies ~ Natures Roots Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies

I hope your week is off to a great week so far! Be sure to join us and play along with our sketch this week. We always love to see what you create!

Happy Stamping!

 

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty card. - Loving the colors you used. The sketch is neat. Again I'm not getting updates for your blog. If you could add a Follow By Email feature to your sidebar that makes it easier for me to keep updated.

    ReplyDelete