Saturday, September 19, 2020

Falling for Fall ~ Control Freaks Blog Hop

Welcome to the September edition of the Control Freaks Blog Hop!  This month we are falling for FALL!  You may just be starting or you may have just hopped over from the marvelous Melissa Stout.  No matter where you started, don't stop until you've made it all the way through!

If you have been following along with me for a while, you probably know that I am a summer girl and live for the warm, sunny days.  BUT...fall is the next best thing!  I love early fall when the mornings and evenings are cool, but the days are still warm and sunny.  Todays cards were so much fun to make, especially since it really felt like a fall day here.

Nothing says fall more than the beautiful changing colors of the leaves on the trees.  Colors are just beginning to change, which was the inspiration behind my first card.
Rooted in Nature is one of my favorite fall-friendly stamp sets and it was so much fun inking up leaves in shades of Pretty Peacock, Bumble Bee and Terracotta Tile.  
The leaves were cut out with the coordinating Natures Roots dies and placed on top of the wood round stamped on Soft Suede.  The Thinking of You sentiment was also stamped in Terracotta Tile, fussy cut and popped up with a few Stampin' Dimensionals.  I added a few Bumblebee Enamel Dots...because every card needs a little bling, right?  I layered the Soft Suede on top of Bumblebee and added those layers to a Pretty Peacock card base, but not before roughing up the corner of the Soft Suede and adding a few staples.  I love the added texture this gives a card!

What's another sign that fall has arrived?!?!  Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHING comes out!  I love me some pumpkin!  While I am not a huge fan of pumpkin spice coffee, I do love a pumpkin spice Chai from one of our local coffee shops.  It's like a desert in a cup.  My next card was designed with that tasty treat in mind.
I love the stripes in the Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP.  The colors are so warm and cozy...perfect for a couple cups from Press On.  I stamped a Mint Macaron and Cajun Craze heart, then colored the coffee cozy in Crumb Cake.  The cute little Happy Fall Y'All sentiment is from Banner Year, stamped in Cajun Craze on Mint Macron.  If you don't have that set yet, you need it!  This set is the best for any seasonal holiday!  I wrapped it all up with some cute little leaves and acorn punched from the Gilded Autumn DSP and a simple Linen Thread Bow.  This was all laid out on a piece of Very Vanilla, embossed with the Subtle Embossing folder, then layered on a piece of Mint Macron with a Cajun Craze card base.  These are my favorite fall colors this year!

Next up on the hop is the beautifully creative Cindy Elam.  Doesn't her creation make you fall for fall even more?!?!
Thanks for hoping along with us!  I hope you have found some inspiration in our creations!

Happy Stamping!
 

1 comment: