Thursday, December 19, 2019

Splattered Birthdays

Happy Thursday stampers and welcome to this months Control Freaks Blog Hop!  You may have made your way here from the oh-so-creative Cindy Elam or this might be your first stop.  No matter how you go here, make sure you make you way through the entire hop!  This month we creating with our 2020 Occasions/Sale-A-Bration pre-order goodies and focusing on a favorite technique of our choice. 

My twins are celebrating their 14th Birthday today...I'm not sure how this is even possible!  As they get closer to driving age, they are itching to ride on 4-wheelers, dirt bikes and side-by-sides as often as they can.  Given their love for any motorized vehicle, I knew that the new Petal to the Metal stamp set would be the PERFECT set to add to my pre-order. 
What comes with riding 4-wheelers, dirt bikes and side-by-sides? DIRT AND MUD of course!  I chose to get a bit mess with the "splatter" technique to add a bit of "mud".  Despite the little mess it can make, it is one of my all time favorite techniques!





Splatters don't always have to mean mud though.  They can also add just the right splash of color to a sweet and simple card.  I earned a few Sale-a-Bration stamp sets with my pre-order, one of them being Happy Birthday To You.  You know me...any image that I can color with my Stampin' Blends is a must have for me!
I stamped, colored and fussy cut the pretty birthday cake.  I added a few splatters of Petal Pink and Calypso Coral, to coordinate with the flowers.  I popped the cake up with a few Stampin' Dimensionals, added a little bow and the "To You" sentiment (which I cased from the Sale-a-Bration Catalog).

Thank you for stopping by today!  

Next up in the hop is the amazingly talented Melissa Stout!  But don't stop there...we have a hop full of creative techniques for you to check out!
Happy Stamping!


1 comment:

  1. Awesome cards Bree! Happy Birthday to your twins. I bet they LOVED those cards ... they are perfect!

    ReplyDelete