Friday, February 1, 2019

Freshly Brewed Friendship

Do you ever get overwhelmed with all of your ideas for cards and don't know where to start?  I've been stuck in that boat lately and decided to step back and go back to basics of stamps, ink and paper.  And an embossing folder, because I just can't be THAT basic :-)
Freshly Made Sketches is my go-to challenge site for amazing sketches to get me started.  I love that they are always clean and simple designs that you can add your own artistic flair to.
Part of my feeling overwhelmed was due to all of the new stamp sets from the Occasions Catalog that I've been trying to use while the catalog is active.  I do this so often and forget about all of the amazing products in the Annual Catalog, so I pulled out one of my favorite stamp sets and had some inky fun times!
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Sahara Sand, Grapefruit Grove, Mint Macaron, Nature's Poem DSP
Ink ~ Grapefruit Grove, Mint Macaron, Soft Suede, Petal Pink, Tranquil Tide
Stamp Set ~ Coffee Cafe
Other Supplies ~ Polka Dot Basics, Coffee Cup Framelits

I wanted to add some bakers twine and sequins, but I took a deep breath and walked away.  Sometimes less is best, especially when you are trying to simplify your stamping!  I'm feeling a lot less overwhelmed and back in a happy, crafty state of mind...perfect Friday feeling!

Wishing you a happy Friday and a weekend of happy stamping!

2 comments:

  1. I love this card, Bree! And thank you for your kind words about FMS. I'm with you -- a good sketch definitely jump starts my creativity when I'm feeling overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often feel like getting back to basics is a great way to jump start some creativity. I think we put too much pressure on ourselves sometimes! This is a fun card. I love the texture and how colorful it is. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete