Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Thanks for the Best Catch ~ HSSSC#338

I have lost track of what day of quarantine we are on, but I do know that today is Tuesday because we have an all new Hand Stamped Sentiments Challenge for you!  This week we have a great sketch for you to play along with and I can't wait to see what you all create!
I'm stamping my way through some of my favorite retiring items. Best Catch is one of my all time favorite masculine stamp sets and I am VERY sad that it is retiring!  This is one that I just can't part with!
My son, Hunter, is an avid fisherman and is currently going crazy not being able to fish.  We are hopeful that our stay home orders will be lifted on May 5th and that fishing will reopen.  In the meantime, Hunter has been organizing and reorganizing all of his fishing gear while he waits.  A few weeks ago, one of his teachers called and told him that he had some fishing gear that he was getting rid of and asked him to come take a look.  My kid came home with a HUGE duffle bag FULL of fishing gear.  His day was made, as was his teachers!  I love the fishing/hunting bond that they share and am sad that this will be his last year getting to see this teacher.  But I know that they will stay in touch to share their fishing and hunting stories!

Hunter asked me to make a thank you card for him to take to his teacher, along with his favorite Dairy Queen treat.  Today's sketch was perfect for his request!
Using my Stampin' Blends, I did my best to create a Salmon...my son said I nailed it.  I'll take that as a mom WIN!

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Soft Sea Foam, Cajun Craze, Whisper White
Ink ~ VersaMark, Memento, Stampin' Blends:  Pool Party, Soft Sea Foam, Petal Pink, Cajun Craze, Smoky Slate
Stamp Sets ~ Best Catch, Free As A Bird, Crackle Paint
Other Supplies ~ Catch of the Day Dies, Silver Metallic Thread, Frosted & Clear Epoxy Droplets, Subtle Embossing Folder

I'm not sure what I'm going to do without my Silver Metallic Thread either...I use this on EVERYTHING!  But I know that there are several new things coming our way that will help me find the "silver" lining!  

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Happy Stamping!



No comments:

Post a Comment