Sunday, May 19, 2013

Legos, Star Wars, Pokemon and Soccer...

...that's all I hear about from my 7 year old twins.  And they aren't the only ones...all of their friends live for their Star Wars Legos, Pokemon cards and soccer at recess.  At least they aren't sitting in front of the TV lost in the world of video games, right?!?!?!  My boys had a birthday party to go to this afternoon and insisted that I make a Star Wars card for their buddy.  All I can say is thank goodness for Pintrest and people who are way more creative than I am!  I found an awesome Yoda card (seen here) and re-created my own card.  I loved her idea of using the treat cup for the little Lego guy, which I had to buy a Lego set to get.  My boys were pretty happy they got to keep the set, minus the guy ;) I did crinkle up the paper to make Yoda look more wrinkled...he's such a wrinkly little guy!

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Early Espresso, Sahara Sand, Pear Pizazz, Whisper White, Basic Black, Brushed Silver
Ink ~ Pear Pizazz, Sahara Sand, White Gel Pen, Basic Black Marker
Other Supplies ~ Treat Cup, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Bird Builder Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Cupcake Builder Punch, Word Window Punch, Jewelry Tag Punch, MDS

I downloaded a Lego font for my boys' birthday last year and used it again for the Happy Birthday sentiment on this card.  I love being able to use MDS when I don't have just the right stamp in my stash! 

As you can see, this card did require a few different punches, but it all came together pretty quick.  My boys have already asked if I will make them a card like this for their birthday (in December)...we'll see if they still love Star Wars by then or if they will be on to something new!

May the Force be with you!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment