Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Meadows of Thanks ~ #HSSIC370

Hello stampers and welcome to an all new Hand Stamped Sentiments Inspiration Challenge!  These inspiration photos make me think of all the fun my family has had this summer!

We've spent the past week wrapping up the end of my summer break at the Oregon Coast.  We are headed home today, back to the 100+ degree weather.  Leaving the cool ocean air was NOT easy, nor will going back to work next week! 

My inspiration was drawn from the sunflowers.  Seeing the sunflowers bloom in my garden is always a bitter sweet reminder that summer break is coming to an end.  Thankfully, I'll get to continue to enjoy these cheerful flowers in my garden for a bit long and in my craft room for as long as I want!

The flowers in Nature's Harvest are, what I believe, are Cone Flowers.  They are often found in the same colors as sunflowers and are another one of my favorites!  I stamped the bunch of flowers in Memento, then colored them in shades of Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, Cajun Craze, Old Olive and Soft Suede.  

I cut strips of the beautiful Misty Moonlight pattern of DSP as well as a die-cut circle from a Bumble Bee DSP pattern.  I popped up the strips of Misty Moonlight to give them a floating effect and added the circle with the bunch of flowers layered on top.  A sweet Thank You sentiment with some bits of ribbon and twine and a few Metallic Dots completed the card.  

While I am far from ready for summer to be over, I love these warm fall colors!  

Thank you for stopping by today!  I do hope you will join us over at Hand Stamped Sentiments and share what you were inspired to create!

Happy Stamping!

Products Used:

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. I love the way you did the strips of paper in the background. Your cone flowers are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete