Monday, February 25, 2013

Wishing the sun would shine

It's official...I am ready for summer!  Sunshine, longer days, flip flops and fruity drinks on the back patio sound like Heaven right now.  Too bad I still have a few more months before I get to enjoy those things.  I guess for now I'll have to make do with some crafty sunshine! 
Have you seen the latest single stamps yet?  If not, be sure to check them out here at my online store.  You'll not only find the latest single stamps, but all of other new arrivals! One of my favorite singles is the Sunshine stamp.  After seeing this weeks Muse Challenge I knew I wanted to use this stamp.  I love the squiggly lines that were used in Deanna's card and pulled that element into my card....

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Whisper White, Basic Black, Parker's Patterns DSP, International Bazaar DSP
Ink ~ VersaMark, White Gel Pen, Daffodil Delight, White Craft Ink
Stamp Set ~ Sunshine
Other Supplies ~ White Embossing Powder, Soda Pop Tops, Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon, Sycamore Street Pool Party Ribbon (Sale-A-Bration)

I used a few different techniques in this card...the first is the chalkboard technique, which is one of the current and fun trends in the world of paper crafting.  I found this very easy and fun to do!  Simply heat emboss your image in white then lightly sponge with your White Craft Ink.  Super easy!  The second technique I used was the sunburst technique.  It's not as easy to see on this card since I used yellow and white DSP.  When you use different colored paper, you really get the "sunburst effect" and it can really make a card pop!  You can find a tutorial here.  It's a great way to use up some of your scraps too!

Here's to hoping that we will at least get some sunshine soon!  I'll gladly accept cold temps as long as the skies are blue and the sun is shining!

Thanks for visiting today!

Happy Stamping!

5 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the stamp with the squiggle lines and the sunburst effect in the background! Just lovely! :)

    Lauren
    http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your sunshine card and how the doodling Muse card inspired you. Great idea to use this with the chalkboard look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful! LOVE the doodling and the use of the chalkboard technique and the aqua and yellow look fabulous with the black and white! HUGS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card. Loving the chalkboard technique

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you...so ready for summer to get here. I've had enough rain and cold. Love your card. Great layout and great summer colors.

    ReplyDelete